There’s lots of noise in carbon, but one voice you trust.
Earn an est. $5-$20/acre/year by introducing cover crops and/or reducing tillage on acres this growing season, or in years to come. Program is available in Illinois, Indiana and Iowa for 2021, and expanding to additional states in 2022.
Click to get started today or join our 2022 waitlist.Get Started
We Give You Confidence
- Get cash for 100% of your certified credits from Corteva when they are issued
- Earn marketable credits certified by ESMC
- Rest assured that we have guaranteed buyers for your credits
We Built in Flexibility
Commit for 2 years, with no upfront fees
Decide how much carbon to store based on your field plan and desired impact
After 2 years, stay with Corteva or choose a preferred buyer from the 60+ companies in the ESMC marketplace
We Keep It Simple
Choose your practices and
select your fields
Let Corteva run soil samples
at no cost to you
Use Granular Insights to
securely log practices
Earn carbon credits quantified
and verified by ESMC
Get paid cash for your credits from
Cortva at $15/ton of CO2E
Better Soil = Bigger Returns
You know what managing soil carbon can do — it improves soil structure and soil health, increases crop
resilience, and can even reduce input costs. Now get paid for it.
See how farmers nationwide are using soil health to increase their bottom line.
The Corteva Carbon Initiative puts farmers first.
- Get cash for your certified credits, not rewards dollars
- Get paid for 100% of your certified credits when they are issued, not 50%
- Earn marketable credits verified by ESMC
- Commit for 2 years, not 5 to 10 years
- After 2 years, choose to continue with Corteva or work with +60 companies in the ESMC marketplace
- Use data you already collect through Granular Insights™, a free digital tool offered by Corteva
- Rely on your current trusted team, not a new advisor
To be eligible for Corteva’s Carbon Initiative, you must have an approved practice as outlined below.
ESMC is an independent third party that quantifies your soil carbon storage and certifies your credits. ESMC is an independent nonprofit that works in collaboration with 60+ public and private organizations spanning the food supply chain. ESMC is launching an ecosystem services market to reward farmers and ranchers for their efforts to improve soil health.With ESMC, the Corteva Carbon Initiative can give farmers confidence that their credits are independently verified to meet carbon buyer requirements.
Corteva will conduct and pay for carbon-specific soil sampling in the fall after harvest 2021. This sampling comes at no cost to you and will only measure carbon in the soil. It will not include other fertility or soil testing.You are not responsible for the cost of ESMC’s certification.
Our program requires three years of historical field data plus data for the current crop year. Specifically, this includes:
- As-planted data by crop type, date
- Fertilizer application data covering products, rates, type and date
- Tillage data (if applicable) by type/implement and date
- Harvest data covering yield, date and harvest product
- Cover Cropping (if applicable) by type, planting and termination date, and termination type
We believe transparency in data collection is critical, and have strict data privacy policies in place to protect our customers.
By participating in the Carbon Initiative, you will log your practice changes in Granular Insights. This data is shared with ESMC, who will quantify your soil carbon storage and certify your credits.