How it Works
US farmers can now get paid for removing carbon dioxide (CO2) from the atmosphere by storing it in their soil. Nori operates a marketplace where CO2 in soil is calculated, verified, and carbon credits are issued for sale. The carbon credits are purchased by businesses and individuals that want to pay for the removal of the CO2 they emit into the atmosphere. Granular provides easy access to the Nori marketplace by collecting and storing the data required to participate.
“Because our farm uses Granular Business we had the data needed to prove we sequestered the carbon and we could easily bring the data over to Nori. It wasn’t as much work as you might think.”
Trey Hill, Harborview Farms
Is your farm eligible?
- Cropland is in the United States
- Farm has adopted at least one of the following regenerative practices in the last 10 years:
- Cover cropping
- Reduced tillage
- Increased crop diversity
- Increased crop rotations
- Switched from synthetic to organic matter additions such as manure or compost
- Recorded quality farm management records for 3+ years before your practices changed
- Willing to sign a 10-year project registration contract
- Willing to pay verification costs between $3k-$5k
If you meet these criteria, please fill out the form below to apply.
Granular & Nori Pilot Applications close December 31st 2020.